Questions and Answers Page
If you need this page translated to another language, please feel free to scroll down and choose your preferred language with the Google Translator, located on the left-hand side of the webpage.
1. What is a TMG Citizen Advisory Council?
A Citizen Advisory Council is a group of people who use the TMG IRIS Consultant Agency (ICA). These individuals will provide feedback and suggestions about how TMG can best support people using our ICA.
The Councils will:
- Make recommendations and provide feedback on ICA processes, practices, and communications.
- Recommend ways that TMG can make positive change on larger issues such as employment, community living, decision-making, and transportation.
- Choose specific goals they would like to focus on, in addition to general goals to improve the quality of the support that people receive from the TMG ICA.
Councils take an active role in:
- Finding new and better ways that TMG can support people to self-direct.
- Improving the overall quality of TMG services.
- Getting feedback from other local people in the TMG ICA.
- Helping others understand TMG services and resources.
Councils allow TMG and the people who use the TMG ICA to share their thoughts and important information with one another.
2. Where and when will the Councils meet?
In 2019, TMG will start with two regional Councils – one in the Southeast (meeting in Milwaukee) and one in the Northeast (meeting in Appleton). The Southeast and Northeast Councils will likely have their first meeting in early spring of 2019. They will each have another meeting later in the year.
We hope to have more councils in other parts of the state, so please continue to check back for opportunities to join a Council near you.
3. Who should apply?
Interested individuals enrolled in the TMG ICA in Northeast or Southeast Wisconsin, or a guardian of someone using the TMG ICA in those areas can apply. Before applying, please make sure that you live within a reasonable driving distance of the meeting locations.
To avoid conflicts of interest, paid service providers, TMG employees, or corporate guardians are not eligible to apply.
Meeting locations for 2019 are:
The Southeast Council will meet at:
Location to be determined. Please check back later.
The Northeast Council will meet at:
Fox Valley Technical College
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
Appleton, WI 54912
4. What is expected of Council members?
Council members are expected to:
- Attend two Council meetings in-person each year. These meetings will likely be from 10 am to 2 pm during a weekday. Council members may also be asked to work on Council projects between meetings.
- Commit to a two or three-year term.
- Actively participate in Council discussions on how TMG can help people using the TMG ICA have a better experience.
- Have regular access to a computer and the Internet, so they can:
- Review meeting and other online materials.
- Use email and an online group site to take part in Council discussions between meetings.
5. What is the timeline for applications?
Online applications will be accepted from September 10, 2018, to November 30, 2018.
The TMG ICA wants to provide the most flexibility for individuals to complete their application. The review of applications and potential interviews will occur from December 1, 2018, to January 15, 2019.
All applicants will be notified if they have been chosen to join the Council by January 31, 2019.
6. Will TMG pay for my expenses to attend the Council meetings?
Yes, we will pay you for mileage to attend the Council meetings. Since the meetings are during the day and occur in your area, we will not pay for an overnight stay. Lunch will be provided at the meeting.
For additional questions, please contact Patti Becker, Manager of Community Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-210-3704.