In the past, TMG offered training programs for county-level long-term care supervisors and care managers working with the Community Integration Program (CIP) and Community Options Program (COP) waiver services. Training programs were administered as a contracted service with Wisconsin’s Bureau of Long-Term Support (BLTS).
Past topics included:
- Ethics and boundaries for care managers
- Waiver basics (2-day training on requirements and care management practices)
- Waiver standards (what care managers need to know to do their job well)
- What to know about home modifications
- Writing professional progress notes
- Functional and financial eligibility